The New York Demand Democracy campaign has officially launched.
Now you have the opportunity to ask all sitting State Senators and candidates for State Senate, the House that has historically blocked all reform, to pledge their support for the agenda.
This pledge includes promising to support, prioritize and agressively enact:
- Citizen funded elections to limit the influence of big money in campaigns by matching small contributions for all state-level races.
- Elections and voting reforms including automatic registration and expanding online registration.
- Expand and protect the vote including allowing over 40,000 New Yorkers who are on parole to vote.
- Campaign finance reforms to close the LLC loophole, lower contribution limits for candidates and committees, and others.
- Ethics reforms to ban personal use of campaign funds.
Every sitting State Senator and candidate has received a Demand Democracy letter, pledge and tool-kit. They’ve all been asked to pledge to the essential Demand Democracy agenda, and have until Friday, September 2nd to do so.
Here’s where you come in: the Senators and candidates who’ve received the pledge need to know that their constituents care about Democracy.
CLICK HERE to tell your Senate or Senate candidates to pledge their support for Democracy Reform.
NYC Wins When Everyone Can Vote! Michael H. Drucker